- If you’ve reached for your grandma’s diabetic socks or your grandpa’s squirrel gun, you’ve gone a little too far.
- The ukulele you have no idea how to play is still in your right hand.
- The vintage Remington typewriter you tell everyone you’re writing your book on has never even come close to your right hand.
- Your single-origin, fair-trade coffee grounds are now on the flimsy sole of the shoes you bought thinking you were helping a third world country.
- Your liberal arts degree is in a sweater box under your bed.
- Air plants are on your right, your left, above you and behind you.
- There is a sale on three pinecones arranged by a local artist.
- If you reach for a $75 piece of driftwood, make sure it is whimsical or also a box
6. Keep straight on Superhot a Second Ago, then merge intoAn Ethnic Neighborhood. 3.8 mi
- Your rooftop organic garden is above people living below the poverty line.
- The high-concept taco truck influenced by one trip to Oaxaca is parked in front of the family-owned taqueria.
- That is not a reclaimed bookcase, it is just a chicken coop.
- That cannot be up-cycled into a lamp because it is actually a cool-looking jug full of urine.
- Discover that your parents’ check has cleared at the ATM to your right.
- Buy an Öppen Bowl and repurpose it into an Öppen Dome.
- Move the umlaut in Flärdfull from the “a” to the “r” because no one is doing that.
- Carefully arrange some antlers on top of the Bjursta Extendable table, then crawl beneath it and hug your knees and believe that you’re so intelligent that you’re depressed and below the poverty line, when, in fact, you’re middle-class and have nothing better to do but get depressed by buying a mass-produced table. Instagram it. Pin it. Hashtag it. Caster it. Farm-to-table it. Put a mustache on it. Thank your parents for it.
- If you introduce your black friend as your “black friend,” you’ve almost gone too far.
11. Turn Slightly Pale and continue on Eating It and Tweeting It. 0.001 mi
12. Enter the Are You a Boy or a Girl Round-A-Bout, exitDoesn’t Matter But Your Hair is Super Confusing. 0.8 mi
13. Stay straight to go on to Standing in a Meadow Looking Dreamy and Wearing a Headband. 5 mi
14. Standing In a Meadow Looking Dreamy and Wearing a Headband becomes Mainstream. 0.3 mi
15. Keep right on Insisting You Always Stood in a Meadow Looking Dreamy and Wearing a Headband to take the Been There, Done That Attitude to A Whole New Level. 10 mi
16. Continue on Refusing Everything to enter Complete Authenticity. 0.0 mi
17. You have arrived at Nothing.
- If you reach for anything, you’re not making it look effortless.